Saturday 20 June 2009

Internet User && Television Viewer

The difference between a internet user and a television viewer is that a internet user is able to communicate with people in different ways. For example, a internet user is able to communicate 'one to one', 'many to many', and 'one to many' whereas a television viewer is not able to communicate as much as a internet user. Also, a internet user is able to choose what they would like to do on the internet which includes what songs to listen to, what videos to watch and etc whereas a television viewer is shown certain programmes at certain times which means that a television viewer is not given a choice as to when they can watch their programmes but they will need to tune in on a certain time to be able to watch the programme they want. This shows that by being a internet user, people are provided with more choices as to what they want to do and when they want to do it whereas a television viewer is not.
I believe that I am more active online and this is because when I am on the internet I am able to do what I want and when I want to do it. For example, I am able to watch the programmes I have missed on the internet at any time of the day and also download music which I will be able to have on my computer saved and listen to it whenever I want which I would not be able to do on the television. Also, on the internet I feel more involved as I am able to decide myself what I would like to do and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment